MISSION AND VISION
Mission and Vision for Hear and talk
Our Mission…to enable families to achieve optimal outcomes for their children with hearing loss by teaching them to hear, listen and speak using our service delivery model.
Our Vision…to be a leader in the provision of access to listening and spoken language for children with hearing loss and their families.
To enhance life opportunities for children who are deaf by working closely with their families to deliver evidence-based programs, by participating in research, and by advocating on their behalf.
Children who are deaf will:
- be diagnosed early and fitted with appropriate, best-quality listening devices
- access early intervention services and high quality learning opportunities
- access rich opportunities to develop spoken language alongside hearing peers
- learn and develop in a family-centred environment
Families of children who are deaf will:
- access information and develop skills empowering them to determine the best educational and social outcomes for their children
- access quality services in a warm and welcoming atmosphere
Professionals who work at OGCDCwill:
- feel empowered working in a transdisciplinary team environment
Continuously improving, we will:
- strengthen the currency and evidence base of our programs by supporting research into hearing loss and language acquisition in children
- support the education of tertiary students in areas of audiology, early intervention and early childhood
- offer an organisational culture and workplace environment that attracts and retains highly skilled and committed professionals